Isotopic Analysis of Solid Samples
Higher sensitivity, improved stability, and less fractionation
- Complex crystal growth zonation: Subsampling provides high-resolution elemental isotopic chemistries and intra-zonal variations of the crystal structure
- Accretionary growth structure examination: Subsampling within annual growth banding of molluscan shells allows reconstructing seasonal variations present during the life of an organism, such as a clam
- Precise sampling of growth zones in speleothems: determine seasonal changes by precise sampling in complex growth zone profiles
- Sampling from otoliths and bone: evaluate elemental and isotopic composition of bonelike materials through precise milling
- Paleoclimate research
- CNOH analysis
- Elemental analysis
- Layered materials
- High-resolution 5MP USB3 digital microscope with 6.7X to 60X digital zoom, and 12 mm to 42 µm field of view of sample
- Simultaneous live view of sample and drill tip without mechanical movement
- 50mm travel in X, Y and Z stages with nanometer step resolution (100mm XY stage option)
- Open-stage architecture accommodates large samples
- Drill tip can be angled up to 22.5˚ for vertical face milling of growth bands
- Software-selectable flood and transmitted LED lighting
- Continuously adjustable (360˚) cross polarizers
- Low-eccentricity, high-torque DC milling chuck with variable speed (0 – 50,000rpm)
- Drill chuck accepts 1/8” and 3/32” for easy sourcing of the perfect tip geometry
- Precision tungsten-carbide milling tools for high spatial resolution
- Joystick stage control for manual sample positioning
- All new ActiveView2 software digitises the workflow
- Import images from external sources
- Place more scans while drilling is in progress
- Slick point-and-click functionality
- Live video image displayed on computer monitor.
- On-screen display of digitized and interpolated sub-sampling paths
- Precise depth control over entire area of sampling
- Z-tilt correction and contour-following functions
- Off-line digitized files can be read directly with software transformation of image coordinates
- Data record file with sample-path information and estimated sample volumes
- Save, recall and export images (BMP, TIF and JPG files)
Designed with analytical science in mind
- Sub-micron sample motion control
- High-precision milling with angled face drilling
- Sample height detection and tilt correction by a drill-tip sensor, contour-following function
- Sample map navigation increases sample-area field of view
- 50 mm of computer-driven sample movement on X, Y and Z axes
- Data/image file recoordination, including save, recall and export
- Optional Clean Hood
Additional Laser Ablation Products
The first instrument designed for the single task of bioimaging.
Experience the flexibility of high resolution geochemical imaging and precise measurement in a single system.
High energy excimer-based laser ablation system ideal for opaque and highly transmissive materials alike.
Offers flexibility, increased dynamic range, and elemental coverage that exceeds the capabilities of ICPMS alone.
A microsampling device designed for high resolution milling to recover sample powder for chemical and isotopic analysis.
Suitable for a wide range of applications with simplicity and reliability.
Reduce thermal effects with our ultrafast technology and deliver the highest quality analytical data.
A versatile fusion and heating system for MS applications.